Tuesday 23 August 2011

More Bodywork

I got a little more done despite two heavy weekends partying....



The hood was about a 1/4" too narrow on one side so we had to make a temp mold and extent it.


Afterwards.



Because i was blanking the rear quater trim and then adding the FG scoop this created an air trap so i made a vent into the wheel house..It might even cool the brakes but i seriously doubt i will ever drive it hard enough for my brakes to cook....





I got the side exhaust done...this took a lot longer than i thought...even with getting help it took nearly 3 days to get both sides done.




I gave the interior floor pan a coat of the insulating material i am using...

The trunk too





I also gave the front of the radiator support the same treatment. This is one area that i feel takes a beating while driving and i want to make sure i prevent any rust issues here




I still needed to finish the undercoating of the back of the car so i dropped the suspension and rear end.. i left the front bolts in so i could just jack it back up. Then i wrapped it up like a big christmas present....
I also took the wings off and gave them 2 good coats of insulating.

I test fitted all the lights and monuted the grills.
Its looka all out of shape here....but it is straight...just looks that way in the pic.


I had to extend the upper light brackets by 5cm.
I couldn't get a clear picture of the rear after applying the undercoating....too much dust
I put all the panels back on today to check panel alligement.


Next i plan to do all the brakes and fuel lines plumbing...then get the engine fired up.

Thats all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment