Tuesday 23 August 2011

Weld like the fires of hell..

I finally managed to get our welder for a full day. We got a good bit done and it feels great to be making some decent progress.


Got the Mustang II front crossmember and the sway bar brackets welded in.






Welded panels over the rear light slots, fuel filler and key holes.




I had to remove the brackets for the cross member of the rollcage...and thankfully i did, the weld had not even taken to the metal, completely useless. I shortened the strusts for the roll cage and welded them in.. 


I am using the Procar Rally seats so i have lowered the floor pans by 2" and i am moving them back by 2". got one done today.
I found these panels for the inner fenders. I think i am going to buy a set...I feel it will take some of the pain out of trying to align the inner fenders. I can tack them in place then drill the holes for the outer fenders afterwards once everything is aligned.




I also had my bodyshop guy come over and have a look...he is going to spend a few hours in the next few weeks checking the alignment of the whole car and help get that rear passenger side quater back in.

That's all for now...

Johnny


Its a holiday weekend here so heading out to see Fleetwood Mac tomorrow night and out in Dublin afterwards...Wooo Hoooo...







No comments:

Post a Comment