Tuesday 3 January 2012

Final Assembly

Its been hectic since my last update. She is finally painted and final assembly has started. I didn't get as much as i wanted done on the car over the holidays but progress has been made.

Anyways, I spent a big chunk of time reclaiming my workshop. Its took 2-3 days alone to blow, hoover, clean everything. Then I spent another day cleaning the inside of my car. That fine dust gets everywhere and a lot of it will not blow off. I also got offered a 20ft container with shelving for free from an old school friend, I set it beside my workshop for extra storage space. It makes a huge difference and it means I now have less clutter in the shop. I also got in some extra tables to lay out parts.


Parts, Parts and more Parts
Semi Clean Man Cave
Posters back up...starting to feel at home again.
Its hard to get a picture of how shiny it is...i just end up with a pic of myself.














So now that the colour sanding is finished assembly has started. I began my laying down the dynomat and insualtion kit. Surprisingly time consuming.
Dynamat Going Down

Then the Insulation

I have been busy doing all the standard small jobs in perparation of her coming back for assembly.



Upper Vent boxes rebuild




Fold down seats rebuild - Before


Fold down seats rebuild - After





Test run of the stripes i am going to go with- 3,1,10,1,3





Ready for paint....at last







Colour Samples






In the Booth...Lots of wrapping




Then some paint



Laid down the silver/grey first





Lining up the stripes



Sprayed out the Black



Unwrap and Lacquer






It got late
Very Late



Out of the booth and time for Doors and Wings to go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment